So what were my first posts on Pinterest? Glad you asked…anything and everything for my sweet tooth!
One of my first successful attempts of a recipe from my board, For My Sweet Tooth (clever, huh?), was something called Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring. Just the name alone sounds scrumdilyicious! It was perfect for a warm winter morning in the Northeast!
Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring
- 2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. pancake syrup
- 1/3 c. packed, brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds (optional)
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
- Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and dig in!
I so wanted to change a few things to make it even better. What I didn’t do… put in the nuts (we’re nutty enough. Bah Dum Bum). What I did do…followed the instructions. Crazy, right? Seriously though. I was tempted to switch out the pancake syrup for real maple syrup, but stopped myself. Why? Been there. Done that. Two words…corn syrup! Real maple syrup doesn’t have corn syrup, and corn syrup is what is needed to make this so gooey and sticky. Trust me you don’t want to go there!