My youngest has gotten into baking lately, and I let him loose on Pinterest to find something to make. In no time, he’s back with this amazing recipe in hand. No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake from CincyShopper.com! Hello, Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake? Where have you been all my life?!? Just look at this amazing photo!
I scanned the ingredients thinking this recipe will be a great way for me to maintain my voluptuous curves. I mean, can you go wrong with having to put Oreos and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on your grocery list? Nope! HEAVEN!
Wait! Hold on! Am I reading the directions right? Does that say Springform Pan!?!? Crap!
Yes, I admit it, I’m afraid of a piece of baking equipment! It comes in two pieces… it has a latch with a scary spring… and at some point, you must unleash the pan and hope your creation stays put. Who on earth came up with the crazy contraption!?! Thirty plus years of baking and never have I ever used the pan of the springform. Crap, crap, oh crap!!!
Okay…deep breaths…we can do this…I can’t let the ten year-old smell my fear. I calmly tell him that we need to call Mémère, our Springform (and everything else) expert, ASAP.
Once again Mémère saves the day! Twenty minutes later, we have the dreaded contraption in our hands along with all our ingredients. Despite a slight panic attack upon seeing the pan, we were on our way to making this most delicious of desserts. Guess what? It turned out to be painless!
My piece of advice for this recipe…do not fear the Springform Pan! Oh, and buy extra Oreos and Peanut Butter Cups for snacking…just sayin’!
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CUP CHEESECAKE
- 24 Oreos
- 5 TBSP butter, melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip (regular container)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 30 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut into quarters
- Put Reese’s cups in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Crush Oreos in food processor and add melted butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and partway up sides of springform pan.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Cut Reese’s cups into quarters and divide into two parts (this can be done before freezing as well).
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Fold in Cool Whip until uniformly blended.
- Fold in half of frozen Reese’s.
- Pour/spread into pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from springform pan and top with remaining Reese’s.
- You can also drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
This cheesecake is so creamy and rich with just the right amount of chunks of Reese’s goodness. Well worth the wait and even the panic attacks! We have decided that this one is a keeper. I’m also thinking of buying my own Springform pan! Who knew!?!