Today is the first day of my summer vacation. Finally! Love my teaching job, but love my nine weeks of summer even more! Nine glorious weeks to re-energize, relax and reorganize my life. My favorite summer thing to do is read books from all the must-read lists I find on Pinterest. I try and pick light, silly books, with an occasional serious one thrown in to keep it real.
Drum roll, please! Here are my top 9 reads for 9 weeks of summer vacation. Oh and I linked them to GoodReads so you can add them to your summer reading list. You’re welcome! Feel free to return the favor by adding your favorite summer reads in the comments section.
- Me Before You by Jo Jo Moyes – this is one of those books I stopped life for. I mean, who needs sleep or food when you’re into a book this good.
2. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty – loved the characters and the suspense!
3. The House of Tradd Street by Karen White – the whole series is great! Totally makes me want to move to Charleston and own a haunted house!
4. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson – a hilarious account of his life growing up in the 1950’s.
5. Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich – love the mix of the paranormal, craziness with a touch of romance. Oh, and I may have just a little crush on Diesel.
6. Mr. Churchill’s Secretary (Maggie Hope Mysteries #1) by Susan Elia MacNeal – I’ve enjoyed this whole historical, fiction, mystery series set during World War II.
7. The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant – another one I had a hard time putting down. A great story about a girl growing up in Boston at the early part of the 20th century.
8. The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani – a wonderful historical romance that left me wanting the story to continue.
9. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik – this is a book I read many years ago and I still remember how much it made me laugh and even cry.